Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Prayer Request

Prayer of Mother Teresa

EAR JESUShelp me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.


Please pray with us for John B., who is deathly ill with cancer.
If you would, please ask Blessed Mother Teresa to intercede for John.  
Pray that John B. may be cured of his cancer if it is God's will.
Thank you!
You victorious martyrs who endured torments gladly for the sake of the God and Savior, you who have boldness of speech toward the Lord himself, you saints, intercede for us who are timid and sinful men, full of sloth, that the grace of Christ may come upon us, and enlighten the hearts of all of us so that we may love him”Ephraim the Syrian (Commentary on Mark [A.D. 370]).
Some have mistakenly been taught that asking the saints and angels to pray for us (and with us) was not the practice of the earliest Christians.  But it was!  The pagans were aghast with the early Christian's prayers and devotions in cemeteries and with relics.  The pagans wanted nothing to do with the dead.  But the early Christians faithfully called upon their brothers and sisters in Christ who had gone before them... and we still do this today!  



No comments: