Sunday, July 19, 2009


Sacrament of Matrimony
I have been a wedding coordinator at our church for about 6 or 7 years. I love this job!
Yesterday I had the privilege of witnessing the marriage of Sarah and Joseph. Their wedding was a beautiful and spiritual event. I trust that their married life together will be abundantly blessed.
With every wedding there is always some little thing that goes... well, let's say "not according to plan."
Yesterday's one little thing was that I forgot to put out the special chairs on which the bride & groom sit during the Liturgy of the Word (readings). They made due by squishing up with the bridesmaids on the first pew.
I didn't even realize the mistake until a few hours later when Father Scott (pastor at Assumption, guest of the wedding) asked me if the couples usually sit in the pew at Sacred Heart weddings.
My heart dropped! Since their wedding followed the 5PM Mass, it wasn't left all set up after the rehearsal.
Oh well, they are married now, and the chair incident will probably pass without much fuss.
And like other mistakes and their teaching power, I'll probably never forget to put out the couple's chairs again!
Please pray for healing for baby Owen W. and for peace and divine comfort for his family.

No comments: