|Basilica of the Sacred Heart, University of Notre Dame|
- What if my son doesn’t KNOW there was alcohol in his room?
- Can’t you please call me if you are taking my son to the emergency room?
- What if my son just can’t stand his room mate?
- Will my son be forced to wear an orange beanie?
|Brother Jerome addresses parents of Knott Hall freshmen, in the dorm's chapel.|
- Take everything as an opportunity to learn (in all humility) and grow
- Encounter the mystery of God
- Be Christ for others
- Be a leader and a servant
- Make time for discernment
- Begin to learn a new language~ very well
- Wander the stacks of books and explore the libraries
Students of the Notre Dame class of 2016 and their families enter Purcell Pavilion for first-year orientation.
- Be patient in this time of transition
- Master the art of supporting rather than solving
- Trust in the values you have instilled in your child (pray and trust)
- Encourage your child to find time for contemplation and silence
- Embrace this new stage of life
|Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Notre Dame|
|Tabernacle; home of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist, at Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Notre Dame|
|Zachary's dorm room, under construction|
|Joseph takes the camera in hand and snaps revenge on the family photographer.|